Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Master of Science in Data Science
Why study Data Science at EIT Digital?
Data abounds. Social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others generate petabytes of data on a daily basis. With a wealth of data available, we are at a point in history, where we can conduct analyses to detect, discover, and, ultimately, better understand the world around us.
The Data Science Master's offers a unique two-year academic programme, whereby students study data science, innovation and entrepreneurship at two different leading European universities.
Students acquire in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualisation, and related concepts (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
At the same time, they also acquire extensive business skills by learning how to bring an innovation to the market and developing a successful business model. These additional entrepreneurial skills will give students their ticket to a successful career.
How is the programme structured?
All EIT Digital Master School programmes follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university in two of EIT Digital’s hot spots around Europe.
- Upon completion, graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
- The first year is similar at all entry points with basic courses to lay the foundation for the chosen technical programme focus. Some elective courses may also be chosen. At the same time, students are introduced to business and management. During the second semester, a design project is combined with business development exercises. These teach how to turn technology into business and how to present a convincing business plan.
- In between the first year and the second year, a summer school addresses business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
- The second year offers a specialisation and a graduation project. The graduation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and results in a Master thesis with a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
What are the career opportunities?
Data science is a highly innovative area. The profession was described as "Sexiest Job of the 21st Century," by Harvard Business Review in October 2012. The data scientist simultaneously masters scalable data management, data analysis and domain area expertise to extract key knowledge and solve real-world problems. Data scientists’ skills are highly valued across all fields within the private sector, government and non-profit organisations. This is an opportune time to pursue training in both a challenging and rewarding area of expertise. So join us and embark on a journey of a lifetime!
If you wish to apply to this programme you must have a Bachelor of Science in, or be in your final year of studies of:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
The studies should include at least 60 ECTS courses in computer science, computer architecture, or programming, and mathematics including calculus, algebra and mathematical statistics.
Kindly note that relevant work experience can compensate a non-strictly matching bachelor degree. Please justify your work experience in your motivation letter or resume. Once your papers are received, the selection committee will make the final decision on whether your bachelor's and work experience are sufficient as prerequisites for the track you have applied for.
Degree / diploma
Master of Science in Data Science
Citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland
- Tuition fees per semester 750 EUR
- Tuition fees per academic year 1500 EUR
Citizen of a Non-EU/EEA country
- Tuition fees per semester 6000 EUR
- Tuition fees per academic year 12 000 EUR