Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Degree Programme in Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics
As a student, you will:
- master the essential methods and technologies in computer science
- learn to design electronics and communication engineering solutions which affect people's day-to-day lives globally
- get the necessary skills for a digitalised world now and in the future
- see first-hand what it's like to work in a truly international industry through internships
DICE is a three-year Bachelor's programme that provides students with solid skills and an extensive knowledge base in technologies required in the digitalised world. The programme combines three degrees under one roof, and the student can choose which path to take.
The student can specialise in Information Processing, Computer Science and Engineering or Electronics and Communications Engineering. Information Processing includes courses in programming, software and systems; Computer Science includes studies in AI and applied computing and Electronics consists of studies in circuits, analog and digital techniques and communication.
Compulsory internship means the student will have a chance to see what actual work is like in the Finnish industry. It is also possible to do the internship outside of Finland. Being such an extensive programme, students will be able to familiarise themselves with technologies and research areas such as:
- artificial intelligence
- printed intelligence
- current and next-generation communication technologies
- internet of things, IoT
- machine vision
- information security
The studies are based firmly on current research already at the Bachelor level, and the emphasis is on hands-on learning from the very beginning. Students will take on multidisciplinary project work at the university and can take advantage of cutting-edge technologies available at the University of Oulu, such as the 5G/6G Test Network, hardware and product design platform FabLab, SmartCampus, Printed Intelligence and others. Active students will have a chance to see – and participate in – developing advanced technologies.
Visit the programme page to see the admission requirements and how to apply through an online joint application system at Studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
- International Degree Programme in Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics (DICE), Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (Technology)
Tuition fee: for non-EU/EEA citizens 10 000 euros