Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Master’s Degree Programme in Nanoscience
Nanoscience and -technology are relatively new fields with a strong focus on opportunities for applications and innovations. A large portion of existing companies are interested in nanoscience and technology and increasing number of them are already using nanotechnology in their products. This creates a need for experts in nanoscience, thus establishing potential for recruitment. Nanoscience is also a good platform for establishing start-up companies. Master degree in nanoscience provides also an excellent basis for postgraduate studies.
The contents of the studies reflect the areas of expertise at NSC:
- spectroscopy, computational chemistry and supramolecular chemistry (chemistry major),
- nanophysics and theoretical physics (physics major), and
- cell structure and dynamics, virology and bioimaging (cell and molecular biology major).
Nanoscience is a rapidly evolving field and teaching is very tightly connected with research. Master’s Thesis projects are done in research groups as part of on-going research projects.
As a student of the Masters Programme in Nanoscience, you will gather multidisciplinary know-how in the fields of physics, chemistry, and cell & molecular biology. This combination of physics with chemistry and biology offered by the programme is unique in Finland and also abroad, where especially biology is often missing. The programme is ideal for those interested in natural sciences in a broad sense and those willing to understand nature and phenomena in nature from many perspectives, from atomic level to the organisms. It provides excellent abilities to follow current developments in science and technology and to graduate as an expert in the rapidly developing field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
As a Master graduated form the programme you will
- understand the importance of size and shape in nanoscale
- understand properties of nano-objects in chemistry, biology and physics
- know common fabrication and characterization methods for nano-objects
- master experimental and/or or theoretical methods in your major subject for studying nano-objects
- be able to plan and conduct research project
- be able to write scientific report with good language
- be able to perform scientific discussion and communicate scientific results
- Viimeinen hakuaika: Joint application January
Tutkinto / todistus
Master of Science
Tuition fee per year for non-EU/EEA students12000.0€
Jyväskylän yliopisto on Suomen suurimpia ja monialaisimpia tiedeyliopistoja, jonka avoin ja avarakatseinen yhteisö etsii ja löytää vastauksia tämän päivän ja huomisen kysymyksiin. Meillä voit opiskella yli sataa oppiainetta ja yhdistellä lukuisista vapaavalintaisista opinnoista poikkitieteellisen ja juuri itsesi näköisen yhdistelmän. Olemme...