Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Mechanical Engineering, Master of Science (Technology)
Today's society relies on mechanical engineering for effective, sustainable and safe solutions everywhere. The field covers a wide range of activities and technology sectors, from energy and transportation to medical devices and environmental protection. There is no shortage of tasks, challenges, and opportunities where mechanical engineers create innovative solutions. Mechanical engineering applies to everything from the smallest components to the largest assemblies, resulting in a persistent demand for mechanical engineering expertise.
Through high quality teaching the programme combines hands-on study methods with theory, in order to educate graduates with a variety of skills that correspond to the challenges of future society. As an Aalto University Mechanical Engineering graduate, you will have:
- Own specialization in the field. We have teaching in seven different topic groups: Arctic Technology, Engineering Materials, Marine Technology, Mechatronics, Product Development, Production Engineering and Solid Mechanics, which allows you to specialize in one of these fields or to create your combination of skills from different topic groups. The programme is flexible and versatile, offering many possibilities for specialization or multidisciplinary combination as well as support in plotting your personal study path.
- Relevant technical, mathematical, computational and analytical knowledge and skills.When completing the programme, you will understand the principles and methods of mechanics in engineering, and their practical applications. You will know how to solve engineering problems in your chosen area of specialization, and you can correctly apply a combination of creativity, systematic analysis, computational tools, and critical judgement to such tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills. As a student in an international environment, you will learn to justify your choices and methods, communicate clearly and collaborate effectively.
- Understanding of the societal context. By solving practical real-world cases with the relevant industries, you will also learn the broader societal impact of the field. You will learn to apply mechanical engineering for effective, sustainable and safe solutions, which benefit society in different levels, which our specialization fields reflect.
- Experience from industry. We have close ties to industry, which allows our students to learn in co-operation and to work with the relevant companies and public institutions already during their studies.
You can apply through www.studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
Master of Science (Technology)