Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Intercultural Teacher Education, Degree Programme in Primary Teacher Education
Top reasons to study Intercultural Teacher Education
- Programme is well-established and well-known by employers. It has a unique profile in focusing on social justice, ethics, educational diversity and in supporting equality.
- Gives you versatile competence: a qualification as a primary teacher, and expertise on global issues useful in many occupations.
- Study in a diverse group of students - international, exchange students as well as your Finnish peers with origins across the country.
- Studies including a study or work period abroad, one or more. You may decide where to go for an exchange.
- Flexibility in studies also in choosing your minor subjects. In bachelor’s, of 25 credits, in master’s, 40 credits or more.
The degree is oriented towards primary teacher education, so the programme focuses on the specific issues related to the teaching and education of pupils studying in grades 0-6 in basic education. The programme also provides competences for international educational tasks.
The Finnish education system is world-famous and the ITE programme is well-established, having been founded in 1994. Theory and practice go hand in hand in the programme and latest developments, such as the enormous leap in online teaching due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, are reflected in the programme.
Studies include a compulsory three-month study or work period in an educational institution or a project abroad.
- Orientation, language and communication studies
- Major studies in education
- Multidisciplinary studies in subjects taught in basic education
- Pedagogical studies.
The Master’s degree together with the Bachelor’s degree qualifies the student as a primary teacher in Finland either in a school with Finnish as a language of tuition or in an international school where the language of tuition is English. The graduates can also find employment in various national and international expert tasks in the field of education and teaching.
Possible professions and duties after the degree:
- Primary Teacher
- Project Leader
- Education Planner
- Education Expert.
Visit the programme page to see the admission requirements and how to apply through an online joint application system at Studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
- Intercultural Teacher Education, Degree Programme in Intercultural Primary Teacher Education, Bachelor of Arts
- Intercultural Teacher Education, Degree Programme in Intercultural Primary Teacher Education, Master of Arts
Tuition fee: for non-EU/EEA citizens 13 000 euros